Data Privacy Statement
Information on the Collection of Personal Data
(1) In the following, we provide information on the collection of personal data during the use of our website, which can be reached under the address “www.etracker.com” and other URLs, as well as the services we offer through our Internet sites. Personal data are data that can be related to you personally, such as your name, address, e-mail addresses and user behaviour.
(2) The responsible party as per Art. 4 Para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) is etracker GmbH, Erste Brunnenstraße 1, 20459 Hamburg. You can reach the data protection officer we named in the supplier identification under https://www.etracker.com/en/imprint/
or at our postal address with the additional line “Data protection officer”.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or using a contact form, we shall save the data you provide us with (your e-mail address and, if applicable, your name and phone number) so we can answer your questions. We delete the data collected in this manner after its storage is no longer necessary, or we restrict its processing in the event of legal storage obligations.
(4) If we resort to contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer, or if we want to use your data for advertising purposes, we shall inform you in detail of the procedures in question below. In the process, we shall also address the stipulated criteria of the storage duration.
(1) Where we are concerned, you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to objection to processing,
- Right to data transferability.
If you have granted us consent, you also have the right to revoke your consent at all times. All data processing measures which we shall have performed until your revocation shall remain legal in this case. We shall inform you about the possibility of revoking consent and the specific steps for exercising your right of revocation when we collect your consent.
(2) You also have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal data on our part.
Collection of Personal Data During Visits to our Website
(1) If you use our website for purely informational purposes, which is to say if you do not register or provide us with information in another manner, we shall collect only the personal data which your browser transfers to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data, which we require for technical purposes so we can display our website to you and guarantee its stability and security (legal basis: Art. 6 Para. 1 Page 1 (f) of the EU GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Respective data quantity transferred
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you use. Certain information flows through these files to the entity that sets the cookie (us in this case). Cookies cannot execute any programmes or transfer any viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make our website user friendlier and more effective on the whole.
- a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functioning principles are discussed in the following:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
- b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted if you close the browser. They include session cookies in particular. They save what is referred to as a session ID, which can be used to assign different queries from your browser to the joint session. As a result, your computer can be recognized if you return to our website. The sessions cookies are deleted if you log out or close the browser.
- c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified amount of time that can differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
- d) You can configure your browser settings as you please and, for instance, reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
Web Analytics and Website Optimization
The data generated as a result are processed and saved solely in Germany by etracker on our behalf and are thus subject to strict German and European data privacy laws and standards. etracker was independently audited and certified in this regard and was awarded the data privacy quality seal ePrivacyseal
Data are processed as per the legal provisions of Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) (legitimate interest) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). Our concern in the sense of the EU GDPR (legitimate interest) is the optimisation of our online offering and our website. Since the private sphere of our visitors is important to us, data that may allow conclusions to be made about any specific person, such as IP addresses and login or device IDs, are anonymised or pseudonymised as soon as possible. The data are not used for other purposes, etracker does not merge them with its own or other data, and they are not passed on to third parties.
You can object to the data processing described above at any time, insofar as it is done in a person-related manner.
I object to the processing of my personal data with etracker on this website.
With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which will send you updates on new features, invitations to events, or valuable tips about your etracker solution via email.
To register for our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that after you have registered, we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address specified in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to inform you about possible misuse of your personal data.
The only requirement for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The details of salutation, surname and first name are used exclusively to address you personally. Your chosen language setting will be used to select the appropriate language version of the newsletter, if available. After your confirmation, we will store your data for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare the revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail or by sending a message to the contact details stated in the imprint.
We point out that we evaluate your user behavior when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent include so-called web beacons or tracking pixels that represent one-pixel image files. For the evaluations, we link the data mentioned above and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Also in the newsletter received links contain this ID. Thus, we record when you read our newsletters, which links you click in these and conclude from how attractive and multi-valued the contents of the newsletter are perceived.
You can object to this tracking at any time by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint. Also, such tracking is not possible if you’ve turned off image viewing by default in your email client. In this case the newsletter will not be displayed completely and you may not be able to use all the features. If you display the images manually, the above tracking is done. The information will be stored as long as you have subscribed to the newsletter. After logging out, we store the data purely statistically and anonymously.
Web Push Notifications
If you enable web push notifications in your browser, a service of that particular browser will be used to provide this feature. For sending push messages, only anonymous or pseudonymous data is transmitted. You can object to the receipt of notifications at any time through the settings of your browser. For information about opting out of web push notifications for each browser, see Google Chrome
, Mozilla Firefox
, Microsoft Edge
We process personally identifiable information about you for the purpose of your application for employment, to the extent necessary for the decision to establish employment with us. The legal basis is § 26 para. 1 in conjunction with para. 8 sent. 2 BDSG.
Furthermore, we may process personal data about you, as far as this is required to defend against asserted legal claims from the application process against us. The legal basis is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR, for example, the legitimate interest is a burden of proof in proceedings under the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG).
Insofar as employment arises between you and us, pursuant to § 26 (1) BDSG we may further process the personal data you have already received for employment purposes if this is necessary for the performance or termination of the employment relationship or for performance or fulfillment of required by a law or collective agreement, an operating or service agreement (collective agreement) and duties of employee representation.
We process data related to your application. This may include general personal information (such as name, address and contact details), details of your qualifications and education, or CVET information, or other information that you provide to us in connection with your application. Incidentally, we can process your publicly available job-related information, such as a profile in professional social media networks.
We may transfer your personal information to companies affiliated with us, to the extent permitted by the purposes and legal basis set forth. Incidentally, personal data are processed on our behalf on the basis of contracts pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR, in particular by host providers or providers of applicant management systems.
A transfer to a third country is not intended.
We store your personal information as long as this is necessary to decide on your application. Insofar as an employment relationship between you and us does not come about, we may also continue to store data as far as necessary to defend against possible legal claims. The application documents will be deleted three months after notification of the rejection decision, unless a longer storage due to litigation is required. With your separate consent, we will store your data for up to 12 months from your consent in order to be able to take your application into consideration again, if necessary, for any later eligible positions.
The provision of personal information is not required by law or contract, nor are you required to provide the personal information. However, the provision of personal information is required to enter into a contract of employment with us. This means that unless you provide us with personal data when applying, we will not enter into any employment relationship with you.
There is no automated decision in individual cases within the meaning of Art. 22 GDPR, that is, the decision on your application is not based solely on automated processing.